Estate Sale and Estate Liquidation or Estate Clean Out
Estate Sale and Estate Liquidation or
Estate Clean Out
There are few things in life that can be tougher and more trying than going through your loved ones earthly possessions when dealing with their estate. There are a few ways to dispose of the remaining items after the family has decided on which pieces they would like to keep. An Estate Sale is in most cases the best solution for these situations.
The family itself can clean out the property. This can be a very tough and painful task and take weeks or even months because of all of the memories that are attached to certain items in the house. Not to mention the cost of the dumpster fees, the time calling around trying to figure out who will take what and finally having to deliver the pieces to whomever you have decided to give them to.
There is an estate sale, this is where everything in the home is priced, and the sale is usually held for 2 days over a weekend. There can be a few draw backs for an estate sale,
- It is a sale, most people coming to the sale are looking for a discount. Most estate sale company’s offer at least a 50% discount for the 2nd day to move as much as they can, they are paid on how much they sell.
- Most estate sale companies charge between 20% and 40% commission on what they sell with the average being between 30% and 35%. Take the 50% discount plus the 35% commission, what is really left. Some also charge a setup fee just to stage everything for the sale.
- A good estate sale knows how to attract a crowd, that means several hundred people walking through the property. Are you comfortable with all the strangers in the home. What kind of damage can occur when so many people are in one place not designed to hold large crowds.
- Never does 100% of the items sell. That means that after the sale, you will still have items to clean out and dispose of. Most estate sale companies will take care of this for you—- With an extra fee of course.
- The Estate sale process usually takes 4 to 8 weeks depending on how busy they are. They have to come in and stage, price, take pictures, have time to advertise and then finally have the sale. Another thing to consider is during the time an Estate sale company needs to get ready, Are there Mortgage payments that need to be paid? What about the extra utility bills? These also are taking from whatever proceeds that you get from the sale.
The third option is an Estate Clean Out. This is where someone comes in and just takes care of everything in the home. Everything includes all of the clothes, all of the trash, everything in the junk drawers, all dishes, pots and pans, kitchenware ETC. Taking care of any food in the pantry, fridge or freezer. Cleaning out the bathroom’s, all picture’s, removing all of the furniture, books, cd’s and dvd’s, cleaning out the garage and any out building. All of that stuff you have no idea of what to do with. When the clean out is complete, there is nothing left except the floors and walls. This process can take anywhere from 1 to 3 days depending on how much is in the property. The cost of this service varies by what is in the home and what we think we may be able to use in our store for resale. There are times where we do have to charge to do an Estate Clean Out. Sometimes it is just an even break. We do not charge in exchange for everything in the property and there are times where we do pay the estate for everything in the home. We have also purchased the Real Estate, the actually property as is with everything in it and made it extremely simple and quick for the family.
If you are considering an Estate Sale or an Estate Clean Out and would like the Capital Bargain Barn to give you an estimate on a cost, please fill out the contact form on the left and tell us some of the specifics and the time frame you are needing and we will be glad to come out to the property and give you our opinion on your best option.